Do You Know: Your home’s air conditioning and heating systems keep you comfortable, but you only notice them when something goes wrong. We know that every homeowner and every home itself is different. That is why we are proud to offer a protection plan designed to fit your home’s needs and avoid costly breakdowns.
|Get total peace of mind for one low fixed monthly cost. Never get caught off-guard by expensive repairs again! Membership from $24 to $39 /month per system -Hassle free scheduling, – Repairs are only $80 per visit copayment, – If replacement is needed “Evaporator Coil, Condenser, Furnace, Air Handler, Compressor” you only pay full price less the % discount that its included in your protection plan on the replacement as courtesy for being one of our members|
- Coverage includes only the items stated as covered, excluding all others and is subject to the limitations, exclusions and provisions stated in this contract. For your specific coverage and selections see your Contract Agreement pages, which are incorporated into this contract by reference. Please read your contract carefully Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning offers a Protection plan contract which are not warranties.
- The Coverage can be for more than one unit, system, unless additional fees are paid. If no additional fees are paid, covered unit, system, is at Our sole discretion; certain limitations of liability apply to Covered systems.
- AIR CONDITIONING
NOTE: Not exceeding 5 (five) ton capacity, 16 SEER efficiency and are designed for residential use.
INCLUDED: electric central air conditioning. All components and parts, for units below 14 SEER and when We are unable to facilitate repair of failed covered equipment at the current SEER rating, repair/replacement will be performed with 14 or 16 SEER equipment and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant all depends on availability, except:
EXCLUDED: Gas air conditioning systems – Condenser casings – Registers and Grills – Filters – Electronic air cleaners – Window units – Non-ducted wall units – Water towers – Humidifiers – Improperly sized units – Chillers – All exterior condensing, cooling and pump pads – Roof mounts, jacks, stands or supports – Condensate pumps – Commercial grade equipment – Cost for crane rentals – Air conditioning with mismatched condensing unit and evaporative coil per manufacturer specifications – Improper use of metering devices – Thermal expansion valves – Refrigerant conversion – Leak detections – Water leaks – Drain line stoppages – Maintenance – Noise. No more than one system covered unless purchased separately at time of enrollment. We are not responsible for the costs associated with matching dimensions, brand or color made. We will not pay for any modifications necessitated by the repair of existing equipment or the installation of new equipment
- HEATING SYSTEM
NOTE: Main source of heat to home not to exceed 5 (five) ton capacity and designed for residential use.
INCLUDED: All components and parts necessary for the operation of the heating system. For units below 14 SEER and when we are unable to facilitate repair/replacement of failed covered equipment at the current SEER rating, repair/replacement will be performed with 14 SEER equipment and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant, except:
EXCLUDED: All components and parts relating to geothermal, water source heat pumps including: outside or underground piping, components for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps, redrilling of wells for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps, and well pump and well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps. Access – Radiators or valves – Baseboard casings – Radiant heating – Dampers – Valves – Fuel storage tanks – Portable units – Solar heating systems – Fireplaces and key valves – Filters – Line dryers and filters – Oil filters, nozzles, or strainers – Registers – Backflow preventers – Evaporator coil pan – Primary or secondary drain pans – Grills – Clocks – Timers – Add-ons for zoned systems – Heat lamps – Humidifiers – Flues and vents – Improperly sized heating systems – Mismatched systems – Chimneys – Pellet stoves – Cable heat (in ceiling) – Wood stoves (even if only source of heating) – Calcium build-up – Maintenance. NOTE: We will pay no more than $500 per covered item per contract term for access, diagnosis and repair or replacement of any glycol, hot water, or steam circulating heating systems.
EXCLUDED: Duct from heating unit to point of attachment at registers or grills, Registers and grills – Insulation – Asbestos-insulated ductwork – Vents, flues and breaching – Ductwork exposed to outside elements – Improperly sized ductwork – Separation due to settlement and/or lack of support – Damper motors – Diagnostic testing of, or locating leaks to ductwork, including but not limited to, as required by any federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation, or when required due to the installation or replacement of system equipment. We shall not be responsible for payment of the cost to remove and replace any built-in appliances, cabinets, floor coverings or other obstructions impeding access to walls, ceilings, and/or floors.
- During the coverage period, Our sole responsibility will be to arrange for a qualified service contractor (“Service Provider”) to repair or replace, at Our expense (up to the limits set forth in your package), the parts or components mentioned as “Included” in accordance with the terms and conditions of this contract so long as such parts and components:
- Are located inside the confines of the main foundation of the home or attached or detached garage (with the exception of the exterior air conditioner condenser); and Become inoperative due to normal wear and tear; and Are in place and in proper working order on the effective date of this home warranty contract. This contract does not cover any known or unknown pre-existing conditions. It is understood that WE ARE NOT A SERVICE PROVIDER and are not undertaking to repair or replace any such systems or components. Coverage is subject to limitations and conditions specified in this contract. Please read your contract carefully. NOTE: This is not a contract of insurance, warranty, extended warranty, or implied warranty
Coverage under this contract includes normal wear and tear malfunctions during the contract term. Coverage under this contract also includes malfunctions of covered items which occur during the contract term resulting from the following situations prior to and during the contract term:
a. Insufficient maintenance, rust, corrosion, or sediment;
b. Improper installations, repairs, or modifications;
c. Mismatched systems where the indoor and outdoor units were not properly matched to each other in capacity or efficiency for proper operation;
d. Undetectable pre-existing conditions which are defects or mechanical failures that could not have been detected by a visual inspection and/or simple mechanical test.
e. Dismantle and remove defective parts; and
A visual inspection of the covered item verifies that it appears structurally intact and without damage or missing parts that would indicate inoperability. A simple mechanical test is defined as turning the item on and off to ensure that it is operational. While turned on, the item should operate without causing damage, irregular sounds, smoke, or other abnormal outcomes. When completing an Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning approved repair or replacement Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning will pay the cost to:
- The covered items must be: a. Installed for diagnosis within the confines of the main foundation of the home or attached or detached garage except for (if selected): air conditioning, heating. These exceptions must be installed for diagnosis and must be manufactured for outside use or be in a structure which fully protects items from the elements.
- For covered malfunctions, unless otherwise specified in this contract, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will repair or replace the covered part. Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning has the sole right to determine, according to the terms of this contract, whether a covered part will be repaired or replaced. When making repairs, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning reserves the right to rebuild existing parts or components and/or to install rebuilt parts or components. When making replacements, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning is responsible for installing replacement parts of similar features, capacity, and efficiency, but not for matching dimensions, brand or color. Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning is not responsible for matching any feature of an existing item that does not contribute to the primary function of that item.
- Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning is not responsible or liable for repairs or replacements when the malfunction is due to:
- Misuse, abuse, or mistreatment, including but not limited to, removal of parts and damage by people, pests, or pets;
- Accidents, fire, freezing, water damage, electrical failure or surge, or excessive or inadequate water pressure;
- Lightning, mud, earthquake, soil movement, storms, acts of God;
- A manufacturer’s improper design, improper materials or formulations, a defective manufacturing process, or other manufacturing defects.
- Recapture, reclaim and dispose of refrigerant costs.
- Parts Disposal costs
- City Permits costs
- Complete AC Condensers
- Complete Heat Pumps
- Complete Furnaces
- Complete Air Handlers
- Complete Evaporator Coils
- Drain Lines are not included
- Air Flows issues are not included
- Ductwork and registers are not included
- Ac Compressors are not included
- All components and parts relating to geothermal, water source heat pumps including outside or underground piping, components for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps, redrilling of wells for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps, and well pump and well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps. Access – Radiators or valves – Baseboard casings – Radiant heating – Dampers – Valves – Fuel storage tanks – Portable units – Solar heating systems – Fireplaces and key valves – Filters – Line dryers and filters – Oil filters, nozzles, or strainers – Registers – Backflow preventers – Evaporator coil pan – Primary or secondary drain pans – Grills – Clocks – Timers – Add-ons for zoned systems – Heat lamps – Humidifiers – Flues and vents – Improperly sized heating systems – Improperly sized cooling systems – Mismatched systems – Cable heat (in ceiling) – Wood stoves (even if only source of heating) – Calcium build-up – diagnosis and repair or replacement of any glycol, hot water, or steam circulating heating systems.
Cash payment policies and procedures.
- In instances where the combined cost of diagnosis and repair is estimated to exceed a stated contract dollar limit, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will not provide repair to system until the customer pay the exceeding amount over the contract dollar limit.
- Instances beyond Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning control may prevent Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning from providing a repair of a covered part. In these instances, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will not provide you cash in lieu of the repair or replacement services. These instances are when: (i) Following a response to a covered malfunction, an item would remain non-compliant with laws, regulations or code requirements; (ii) An item has a covered malfunction unrelated to a manufacturer’s recall on that item; or (iii) An item is not repairable, and a replacement item is no longer available. c. In some instances, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning may offer you the option of purchase a new system through Uptown heating & Air Conditioning.
- Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will not repair or replace malfunctions covered by a manufacturer, distributor, builder, or an extended warranty.
- This contract covers single family homes which have one HVAC system unit installed. For any additional units customer, will have to pay an additional full price per unit or system in a monthly payment basis (including manufactured housing), new construction homes, and condominiums/townhomes/mobile homes under 5,000 square feet, unless an alternative dwelling type (i.e. 5,000 square feet up to 10,000 square feet, guest unit, or multiple units) is applied for, and the appropriate fee is paid for, an additional full price dollars fee for any additional unit system if the house have more than one. Coverage is for owned or rented residential property, not commercial property or premises converted into a business
Coverage Period (B).
Coverage starts 1 day after acceptance of application by Us and receipt of applicable contract fees and continues for 365 days from that date.
Period of Performance.
The Services shall commence on DATE indicated at purchase
and shall continue monthly until cancellation by customer in writing is received
Contract Term and Plan Fee.
This protection plan is not a contract and shall continue monthly until cancelled by the customer in writing (unless Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning approves an alternative contract term in writing) and provided Plan Fees received by Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning are not refundable (unless Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning approves an alternative refundable option).
Service Calls – To Request Service: please go online at www.uptownac.com, no phone service calls will be accepted
- You or your agent (including tenant) must notify Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning for work to be performed under this contract as soon as the problem is discovered. We will accept service calls 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, at www.ontimehouston.com. Notice of any malfunction must be given to Us prior to expiration of this contract.
- Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will not provide service until all past due Trade Service Call Fees and Plan Fees are paid in full Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning will not Provide any Service if the payment is due more than one (1) day after scheduled payment date.
- Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will not reimburse for services performed without is prior approval.
- Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning will not pay if you contract an independent service contractor to perform a covered service.
- Upon request for service, the service call will have a price of the co-pay amount of $80 no refundable to pay upfront at the moment of Booking and will be initiated under normal circumstances We will contact an authorized Service Provider within two (2) days during normal business hours and on weekends and holidays we are not available. Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning will contact you to confirm your schedule or service appointment if different from the online or changed. The appointment will be scheduled a mutually convenient appointment during normal business hours for service to be performed during normal business hours form 8:am to 5: pm. Mon to fry. We will determine what repairs constitute an emergency and will make reasonable efforts to expedite emergency service. If You should request Us to perform non-emergency service outside of normal business hours, You will be responsible for payment of additional fees and/or overtime charges.
We have the sole and absolute right to select the Service Provider to perform the service; and We will not reimburse for services performed without prior approval.
You will pay a $80 trade service call fee (“Service Fee” or “Co-Pay”) per claim. The Service Fee is for each visit by Our approved Service Provider, except as noted in Section C (5), and is payable online at the time of each booking. The service fee applies to each booking dispatched and scheduled, including but not limited to those calls wherein coverage is included, excluded, or denied. The service fee also applies in the event You fail to be present at a scheduled time, or in the event You cancel a service call at the time a service contractor is in route to your home or at your home. Failure to pay the Service Fee will result in suspension or cancellation of coverage until such time as the proper Service Fee is paid. At that time, coverage may be reinstated; however, the contract period will not be extended.
If service work performed under this contract should fail, then We will make the necessary repairs without an additional trade service call fee for a period of 30 days on parts and 30 days on labor.
- If you decide to change the residence entirely HVAC system with Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning, we will give a % discount of a regular price with approval of Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning (Not Available For Customers That Are Not Under This Maintenance Plan)
- Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning reserves the right to change pricing on the protection plan and fees at any time with out notifying the customer
Trade Service Call Fee
- The trade amount of each service call “Co-Pay” is $80 paid up front at the time of booking online.
- You are required to pay a Trade Service Call Fee for each trade service request you submit to Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning at the time of booking request.
- If a repair or replacement fails within 30 days, Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will send a technician to repair the failure and you will not be charged an additional Trade Service Call Fee. If the issue is different than the one that was repaired, you must pay the $80 fee that is required for the trade service call fee again over the phone.
Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning will repair any part that is included in the HVAC System except in the case that a complete Compressor, Condensing Unit, Heat Pump, Complete Furnace, Complete Air Handler or Evaporator Coil needs to be replaced. In this case The Customer must pay for the replacement with the respective member % discount
Customer must be up to date on payments, and other trade services. Customer must update the credit card information if it’s expired, and make sure it’s enough money in his account to cover the ACH or Check in order to avoid late or insufficient funds charges and Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning contract disruption if the customer is late more than 30 day’s contract will be cancelled immediately removing Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning from any liability incurred after that date
This engagement will be conducted on a protection plan services basis. The total value for the Services pursuant to this maintenance plan shall not exceed $117. On a monthly autopayment basis, until cancelled by the customer or unless otherwise agreed to by both parties via the project change control procedure, as outlined within.
Customer will keep paying the plan monthly for a cost of the agreed package every moth plus any additional charges for extra units of full price each until cancelation in writing is received by Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning from the customer.
This is not a contract of insurance, residential service, warranty, extended warranty, or implied warranty
- This protection plan Agreement may be cancelled by Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning for the following reasons:
- nonpayment of contract fees or other breach of this contract by the customer or if monthly payment is late more than 30 days;
- fraud or misrepresentation by the customer and/or customer representative of facts material to Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning issuance of this contract; or
- a change in laws or regulations that has a material effect on the business of Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning ability to fulfill its obligations under this contract.
- Nonpayment of Service Fee, as stated
- Mutual agreement of Us and You
- The customer may cancel this protection plan Agreement at any time in writing. If cancelation of the contract were made within 90 days of a repair made date a cost for all the repairs made during the contract will become due to customer plus an additional charge on $150 for administrative fee incurred by us after the 90 days of a repair made date the customer will not be charged any fees for cancelation if made in writing.
If the customer or Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning cancels the contract within the first 30 days following the beginning of the contract term (a) Uptown Heating and Air Conditioning will reimburse any setup charges or monthly charges and will charge the customer the full price for the repairs provided during the period of contract (b) If Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning has provided services and the amount of the service costs incurred by Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning is greater than the contract fees paid, the customer shall pay Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning the lesser of (1) the amount by which the service costs incurred by Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning exceeds the contract fees paid; or (2) the amount by which the annual rate listed on the Contract Agreement pages exceeds the contract fees paid.
General Limitations and Liability
- Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning will not be liable for any violations of federal, state and local laws, regulations or guidelines prior to the beginning of the contract term and will not perform repairs or replacements that violate any current federal, state and local laws, regulations or guidelines.
- Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning is not responsible or liable for secondary, incidental, and/or consequential loss or damage resulting from the malfunction of any covered item, or a Service technician neglect or delay in providing, or failure to provide, repair or replacement of such item, including, but not limited to, food spoilage, loss of income, utility bills, additional living expenses, personal and/or property damage.
- Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning is not responsible or liable for any delay in service or failure to provide service caused by conditions beyond Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning control.
- In the event, you threaten to harm or actually harm the safety or well-being of: (i) Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning; (ii) any employee of Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning; (iii) a Service Technician; or (iv) any property of Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning or the Service Contractor, you will be in breach of this contract. In the event, you breach this or any other obligation under this contract, Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning may refuse to provide service to you and may cancel this contract.
- The following are not included during the contract term; (i) malfunction or improper operation due to rust or corrosion of all systems, (ii) collapsed ductwork, (iii) known or unknown pre-existing conditions.
- We are not responsible for providing access to or closing access from any covered item which is concrete-encased or otherwise obstructed or inaccessible.
- At times it is necessary to open walls or ceilings to make repairs. The Service Provider obtained by Us will close the opening and return to a rough finish condition. We are not responsible for restoration of any wall coverings, floor coverings, plaster, cabinets, counter tops, tiling, paint, or the like.
- We are not responsible for the repair of any cosmetic defects or performance of routine maintenance.
- . Electronic or computerized energy management or lighting and appliance management systems, solar systems and equipment are not included.
- You may be charged an additional fee by the Service Provider to dispose of an old appliance, system, or component, including, but not limited to the following items: condensing units, evaporator coils, compressors, capacitors, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, and any system or appliance which contains dangerous or hazardous materials.
- We are not liable for service involving hazardous or toxic materials including but not limited to mold, lead paint, or asbestos, nor costs or expenses associated with refrigerant recovery, recycling, reclaiming or disposal. We are not liable for any failure to obtain timely service due to conditions beyond Our control, including, but not limited to, labor difficulties or delays in obtaining parts or equipment.
- We are not liable for repair of conditions caused by chemical or sedimentary build up, rust or corrosion, mildew, mold, misuse or abuse, failure to clean or maintain as specified by the equipment manufacturer, missing parts, structural changes, fire, freezing, electrical failure or surge, water damage, lightening, mud, earthquake, soil movement, soil settlement, settling of home, storms, accidents, pest damage, acts of God, or failure due to excessive or inadequate water pressure.
- We have the sole right to determine whether a covered system will be repaired or replaced. We are responsible for installing replacement parts of similar features, capacity, and efficiency, but not for matching dimensions, brand or color. We are not responsible for upgrades, components, parts, or equipment required due to the incompatibility of the existing equipment with the replacement system or component or part thereof or with new type of chemical or material utilized to run the replacement equipment including, but not limited to, differences in technology, refrigerant requirements, or efficiency as mandated by federal, state, or local governments. If parts are no longer available, we will offer the customer the option to buy a new replacement at a discount price determined by Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning. We reserve the right to locate parts at any time. For the entire time of this agreement, we are not liable for replacement of entire systems due to obsolete, discontinued or unavailability of one or more integral parts. However, we will offer the customer the option to buy a new replacement at a discount price determined by Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning. We reserve the right to rebuild a part or component or replace with a rebuilt part or component.
- We are not liable for repairs related to costs of construction, carpentry or other incidental costs associated with alterations or modifications of Parts, components, or installation of different equipment and/or systems. Except as required to maintain compatibility with equipment manufactured to be 14 SEER and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant, we are not responsible for providing upgrades, components, parts or equipment required due to the incompatibility of the existing equipment with the component/part, including but not limited to efficiency as mandated by federal, state or local governments.
- We are not responsible for repairs related to inadequacy, lack of capacity, improper installation, mismatched systems, oversized systems, undersized systems, previous repair or design, manufacturer’s defect, and any modification to the system or appliance.
- We are not liable for normal or routine maintenance. We will not pay for repairs or failures that result from the Contract holder’s failure to perform normal or routine maintenance. For example, you are responsible for providing routine maintenance and cleaning pursuant to manufacturers’ specifications, such as periodic cleaning of heating and air conditioning systems, evaporator coils and condenser coils, as well as periodic filter replacement. In the event a claim is denied, and a customer seeks to have Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning review that denial, Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning has the right to request routine maintenance records in reviewing its decision.
- We are not liable for the repair or replacement of commercial grade equipment, systems.
- We reserve the right to obtain a second opinion at Our expense.
- We are not responsible for any repair, replacement, installation, or modification of any covered system arising from a manufacturer’s recall or defect of said covered items, nor any covered item while still under an existing manufacturers, distributors, or in-home warranty.
- We reserve the right to offer cash back in lieu of repair or replacement in the amount of Our actual cost (which at times may be less than retail) to repair or replace any covered Repair, component.
- We are not responsible for the repair or replacement of any system or component or part thereof that has been previously, or is subsequently, determined to be defective by the Consumer Product Safety Commission or the manufacturer and for which either has issued, or issues, a warning or recall, or which is otherwise necessitated due to failure caused by the manufacturer’s improper design, use of improper materials, formula, manufacturing process or other manufacturing defect.
- We will not pay for the repairs of any covered systems if they are inoperable as a result of known or unknown pre-existing conditions, deficiencies and/or defects.
- You agree that We are not liable for the negligence or other conduct of the Service Provider, nor are We an insurer of Service Provider’s performance. You also agree that We are not liable for consequential, incidental, indirect, secondary, or punitive damages. You expressly waive the right to all such damages. Your sole remedy under this agreement is recovery of the cost of the required repair. You agree that, in no event, will Our liability exceed $500 per contract item for access, diagnosis and repair.
Except where prohibited, if a dispute arises from or relates to this Agreement or its breach, and if the dispute cannot be settled through direct discussions you agree that:
- Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Agreement shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Agreement (including but not limited to whether a particular dispute is arbitrable hereunder) shall be resolved exclusively by the American Arbitration Association in the state of Texas under its Commercial Mediation Rules. Controversies or claims shall be submitted to arbitration regardless of the theory under which they arise, including without limitation contract, tort, common law, statutory, or regulatory duties or liability.
- Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to a maximum of $1000 per claim, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
- Under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Agreement, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be contrary to law by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be of no force or effect; but the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Building And Zoning Code Requirements Or Violations.
- We will not contract for services to meet current building or zoning code requirements or to correct for code violations, nor will it contract for services when permits cannot be obtained. We will not pay for the cost to obtain permits.
- Except as required to maintain compatibility with equipment manufactured to be 14 SEER and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant, We are not responsible for upgrade or additional costs or expenses that may be required to meet current building or zoning code requirements or correct for code violations. This includes city, county, state, federal and utility regulations and upgrades required by law.
Multiple Units And Investment Properties.
- If the contract is for duplex, triplex, or fourplex dwelling, then every unit with in such dwelling must be covered by Our contract with applicable optional coverage for coverage to apply to common systems with additional costs.
- If this contract is for a unit within a multiple unit of 1 or more, then only items contained within the confines of each individual unit are covered. Common systems are excluded.
- Except as otherwise provided in this section, common systems are excluded.
Transfer Of Contract & Renewals.
- If your covered property is sold during the term of this contract, You must notify Uptown Heating & Air Conditioning of the change in ownership and submit the name of the new owner by phoning 832-709-0236 or in writing to email@example.com in order to transfer coverage to the new owner.
- You may transfer this contract at any time. There is no fee to transfer contract.
- This contract may be renewed at Our option and where permitted by state law. In that event You will be notified of the prevailing rate and terms for renewal.
- If You select the monthly payment option and We elect to renew your contract, We will notify You of applicable rate and terms of renewal during the tenth month of your contract. You will automatically be renewed for a monthly coverage period unless You notify Us in writing 30 days prior to the expiration of the contract. Your first payment for the next contract term will be construed as authorization for month-to-month charges.